For The Crust
220 gr flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
140 gr butter, cold and cut into small pieces
2 Tablespoons Cold Water
2 Tablespoons Cold Vodka
For The Filling
1 can or 250 gr steamed pumpkin.
( for best flavor use a Hokkaido pumpkin )
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon Mixed allspice
1 pinch of salt
Making the crust
– Mix all the dry ingredients.
– Mix in the butter until the dough as a crumbly texture.
– Add 1 Tbs cold water and 1 Tbs cold Vodka, and combine until large clumps of dough appear.
– Add the remainder of the cold water and vodka and knead until a ball of dough forms.
– Wrap the dough ball in plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes in the fridge.
– Remove dough from the fridge and roll it out between two sheets of baking paper then lay the dough in the pie mold, trim the edges and set to rest in the fridge for another 10 minutes.
For the Pie Filling:
– Add 1 Egg white and 4 egg Yolks to a blender.
– Add Pumpkin flesh, sweetened condensed milk, salt and spice to a blender and mix until thoroughly combined.
– Pour the pie filling almost to the edge of the chilled pie crust. place it in the center of a 180°C preheated oven for at least 25 minutes, the pie is ready when the center is still slightly jiggly but no longer liquid.
Pumpkin Pie is traditionally eaten with whipped cream but also serves very well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.