Cauliflower& BlueCheese soup
When winter weather is chiling the bones, there’s nothing better than a thick creamy soup to warm ourselves up. Lucky for you, I have just the thing :
6 – 8 servings (app. 250kcal Per serving)
1) In a large pot sweat the diced onion until transparent.
2) Add cauliflower and liquid stock until all the cauliflower is covered.
3) Add peeled and cubed potatoes.
4) Let simmer until all the vegetables are soft (20 – 25 minutes)
5) Transfer to a blender or blend with a stick blender until smooth. Add large chunks of blue cheese while blending.
(At this point you can add more water depending if you want a thicker or runnier soup. I suggest adding just enough water until you have the consistency of a thick creamy soup.)
6) Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Photo by Gail
- 1 Head of cauliflower (800g)
- 200g Potatoes
- 1 Onion
- 1tbsp vegetable/sunflower oil.
- 100g Blue Cheese
- Vegetable stock of choice
(1 cube/1 Liter)
- Water to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste