This is sufficient for one large cake tin.
150gr Melted butter
2Tsp Cocoa Powder
2 Ripe bananas
1tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Baking powder
Simple Banana Bread Recipe
- In a bowl fit for a stick blender or a Blender combine: Butter, bananas, milk, eggs, flour, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar and blend until smooth.
- 2. Separate the mixture into 2 portions one with approximately 2/3 of the mixture and the other 1/3.
- In the bowl with 2/3 of the mixture add 50gr yogurt and whisk until combined.
- In the 2nd bowl add cocoa powder and remainder of the yogurt and whisk until smooth.
- Grease a cake loaf with butter and line with two strips of baking paper crossing the width of the pan, make sure the baking paper is long enough to stick out a good 10cm on each side, these will be our handles and allow us the unmold the cake after baking.
- poor in half of the plain batter and tap the cake pan on the counter to spread batter evenly, then pour in the chocolate batter tap again before covering with the remaining plain batter.
- Bake cake in a preheated 180C oven on the middle shelf for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- before unmolding let the cake cool for 15-20 minutes and then gently pull it out of its shape with the baking paper strips.
This cake is perfect on its own but also goes great with chocolate or buttercream frosting.
Hopefully you will enjoy this recipe as much as we do and if you would like to see a specific recipe from this week’s special or from the Oko! Bistro menu let us know on social media, and perhaps we will feature it in an upcoming article.